Bluehost features review
Bluehost is a worldwide brand name in web hosting with over 2 millions websites worldwide. With a huge customer around the world, in addition Bluehost able to offer discount price in their first offer. In addition of full services of web hosting services, Bluehost also offer email, design services, domain names. They also caters every business from blogger to establish e-commerce and more.
Bluehost was founded in 2003 and has since grown to become one of the world’s largest providers of reliable and cheap hosting. Meanwhile, the company offers a range of products and services to help you get started with your website or online shop: from shared and WordPress hosting to website builder tools.
Their value price hosting packages come from unmetered bandwith, free global CDN and SSL certificates, and free daily, weekly and monthly backups on a powerful and proven platform that is built to scale and opimized for speed and security.
Bluehost is powered with WordPress, so it is a free and open source content management system that use worldwide and very friendly for beginner. subsequently if you want to make a blog, e-commerce website you can consider Bluehost. In short, WordPress is the easiest and most powerful blogging and website builder in existence today.
WordPress is an excellent website platform for a variety of websites. From blogging to e-commerce to business and portfolio websites, wordpress is a versatile CMS. Design with usability and flexibility in mind, WordPress is a great solusion for both small and large websites.
Bluehost provide every web hosting service including VPS, dedicated server and managed wordpress hosting. it means they will help you in term of worpress plugins update, handling security and optimizing performance.
Digital marketing can be expensive, there are plenty of false and outdated information on internet about marketing tactic. luckily there is some digital marketing services that affordable for beginner, which is part of Bluehost strategy. Here are some their service:
- Website : You can use their easy DIY site builder to create your own, so you can ask their design pro to build a site for you
- SEO, advertising, social media marketing and local business visibility :
Bluehost provide professional marketing services, including creating content for your website. You can get monthly consultation with their experts and they will measure your progress
- Domains, email and helpful tutorial : including how-to on website management, hosting and marketing topics.
Additionally, Bluehost boast of excellent uptime, a clean intuitive control panel (called cPanel) that allows you to create attractive and functional pages for your business.
The company offer more than you expected, here are the features:
- Easy to use, customized cPanel
- Dozens of site tools adds on
- Free site builders
- Free domain specific email address
- 99.99% Uptime
- Technology to support fast page load time
- Cloudflare integration (speed your webiste loading)
- Free SSL Certificate
- Above average security features
Control Panel (cPanel)
Bluehost CPanel is a customized and enhanced version of the popular and easy to use cPanel, in addition the use of cPanel is where you go to manage everything related your website hosting and accounts, including domain name management (hosting, registration, renewals, or transfer), email address/inbox configuration, and payments/billing for the services you receive.
This means you get a unified login (one username and password combination will get you access to all your bluehost accounts), integration with and hotlink to bluehost help features and technical support resources, full feature domain and email management features and easy upgrades and scalability so that you can make changes to the hosting that backs your website.
No matter you want to create a blog or business website, you will need email to run your business. With Bluehost, you can create up to 5 email accounts with basic plan and unlimited email address with other plans.
Performance and Uptime
Eventhough there are a few complaints from users about several server outages and a server team that is slow to response, a great number of Bluehost user claim that the company has solid server performance. It scores 99.99% uptime on average, the good thing is you can cancel your hosting aggreements because of downtime without to pay any cancellation fees.
Site loading speed
Bluehost provide a good page load times, they have 422 ms page load speed with a static website using their basic share hosting plan, likewise, it indicate if you want a more demanding site, you may need to upgrade to a more advanced pro plan that offers higher performance server.
Fast page are very important for business website especially e-commerce website. Slow pages leads to higher bounce rates, low conversion rates and loss of profits, that is where Cloudfare comes in.
Bluehost package come with cloudflare integration. When someone navigate to your website, their browser receives content from the CDN closest to them, reducing amount of times it takes for the data traveler.
SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer, is an encryption protocol, so SSL make sure that the data being transfer is not intercepted by and read by unauthorized parties. Here are the benefits of SSL:
- Help your website and data secure
- Increase customer to trust your site
- Improve your rank in search engine result
In addition, Bluehost already include SSL certificate in its package that will save your money and save your time to procure a certificate and install it into your website.
Help and Support
Bluehost support available within 24/7 and covers all support avenues including live chat, support tickets, telephone and email. in addition, you also get a trained in house experts manning all customer support avenues and a help desk.
Money back guarantee
Bluehost offer 30 day money back guarantees, but you need to read all term and conditions because its not straightforward. When you first sign up, you get promotional price, but it only applies for first term, then it changes back to original price.
Bluehost pros and cons (Overview)
- Over 2 millions of bluehost customers worldwide
- Offers a wide range of web hosting options
- Easy to upgrade your plan to VPS or dedicated server without having to move your website
- Offer free anti spam solutions built right in cPanel
- Provide you with integrate Cloudfare support
- Include several security features such as unique IPs, SSL & Sitelock protection
- 30 days money back guarantees for all hosting plans
- 99% uptime guarantee
- Doesn’t offer month to month share hosting options
- A few users have complained that tech support wait times are long and that the staff does not give customers much personal attention
- Charge a fee to have your site migrated from a different hosting company to Bluehost. Most hosting companies offer this service at no cost
- Bluehost only servers in Linux, Windows hosting is not available
- You must do your own daily backups for full security
Affiliate Disclaimer :Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, so this means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.